Buy Your Next (or First!) Home
with Matt & Chelsea
Search for Homes in Central FL
Search for homes by neighborhood in Clermont, FL
We're here to serve you
Buying a home today can be a complicated and confusing process with all of the legal documents, disclosures, reports, and other moving parts necessary to make a home yours. That’s why our team is here to serve you with expertise and kindness. We know everything there is to know about our market and keep an eye on local housing inventory on a daily basis.
It doesn’t cost you anything to work with our team.
Our team is here to guide you through the process of finding and buying the right home for you so you can focus on all the fun parts!
Buying your home: the process
- We’ll connect you with our preferred lending partner, Lisa Meyer, to fill out an online mortgage application.
- Gather the following documents to speed up your approval process:
- Last 2 years’ W-2’s
- Last 2 years’ tax returns
- Your most recent pay stub
- Last 2 bank statements
House Hunting (the fun part!)
- Once we get your pre-approval amount, we’ll set you up on an automatic home search through the MLS (multiple listing service) based on your wants & needs.
- Let your agent know about any questions you have about a home or if you’d love to see it in person! You’ll also be able to mark your favorite homes to save them for later.
- You can still use your favorite home search apps/websites if you’d like. If you see a home you love, send the address/link to your agent so they can look it up and book you a showing!
- Once you’ve found “The One”, your agent will guide you through the process of making an offer.
- Escrow: You’ll have 3 business days after going Under Contract to make your escrow deposit.
- Your lender will send you your initial loan documents and discuss your interest rate.
- Inspections: We highly recommend all of our clients to hire a licensed home inspector. It’s money well spent. Costs vary by professional, but in our experience within our local market, these are the average costs per inspection type:
- Home inspection: $350-450
- Wind Mitigation (to get a potential discount on your insurance premium): $75-100
- WDO (AKA termite inspection): $75-100
- Septic Inspection: $200-350 (we also recommend getting it pumped out if it hadn’t already been pumped recently)
- Well inspection: $200-350
- Once inspections are complete, we are good to move forward! Your lender will then order the appraisal of the home.
- After receiving the appraisal results, we’ll begin finalizing the loan with your lender. Time to start packing!
- Before closing on your new home, make sure to:
- Set up all utility transfers (water, electric, gas, cable/phone/internet, etc). We’ll help you in determining who your utility providers are.
- Wire any funds needed to close on your home to the title company after verifying the amount and routing instructions.
- On the day of closing, you’ll complete a final walkthrough with your agent, sign all your papers, and get your keys!
We take care of our clients like
We’re so grateful for our clients, especially when they take the time to share their experience with others.